The camel is strange, useful, precious, tolerant, strong and resilient
We the human learn and absorb the above-said characteristics from the incredible camel. I think the camel is itself a chronological story, the long and diverse evolution period, from North America to the center of the earth, the Arabian peninsula.
I have my own philosophy of understanding and explaining the camel’s powers/salient features.
1. strong eyesight, 2. strong power of smell, 3. unique neck (a tool of body positioning during standing and sitting with the load), 4. strong hearing, 5. resistance to hunger and thirst, 6. tolerance (burning heat of desert and dependence on salty plants and water), 7 committed and consistent, and 8. intelligent (good in learning with stronger memory).
While reading the book ‘camel crazy’, I realized that the author Christina Adams somehow followed the 7 powers of the camel in her journey.
- I shall briefly explain, how she followed the theme of 8 powers in her book in the following lines briefly.
- She tolerated the loneliness after the family break
- She resisted the stress emerged managing and nourishing an autistic kid
- She sighted and smelled the power of the camel milk from such a distance, from North America in the ME.
- She was balancing her position between an autistic kid and the world of the camel, understanding, and exploring.
- She recognized and heard the voice of the people who are connected with the camels. She showed the power to hear those very diverse and vast voices.
- She tolerated the tiring journeys and resisted the negative waves of some schools of thought and kept her direction straight and clear.
- She proved herself owing a very intelligent mind and memory, keeping and analyzing the information she gathered from very different parts of the world.
The author explored the potential of camel milk (CaM) in healing and managing autism, a great and unique idea. With patience, she used it for years and helped her son to be healed.
She was convinced by the power of the camel, she traveled, met the camels and camel people. She visited camel cultures and absorbed their beauty and calmness.
CC is a living story, the story of a traveler of a special cause. While seating at home, you will not only learn about the camels’ wonders but you will visit the camel’s habitats through the pages of the book.
CC does not only cover the above 8 philosophical powers but also provides proves of the travel journey with very beautiful photographs and the quality of the camel milk with the tables of composition.